Weird number behavior

Ben Fisher boinjyboing at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 14:54:31 EDT 2005

Subtracting 0 from a number makes it bigger? I guess so in Revolution.

set the numberformat to "0.#######################"
answer 0.91
answer 0.91 - 0

This is documented in the docs under numberFormat, but is causing me problems with some sensitive calculations. I guess you'd run against the same thing with doubles in C++, but at least there are alternatives with better precision (I.e. long double). I wish you could declare a variable so that it would have better precision.

-Ben