ANN Getting Nine digit zip codes

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Wed Apr 13 08:55:39 EDT 2005

This is not yet ready for prime time, but I would like to know how
this works for those with broadband access to the Web.

The program takes data from a DB and goes--one address at a time--to
the US Post Office web site to get the extra 4 digit appendage to the
zip code (necessary for bar code addresses.)

What I would like to know is how fast this runs with broadband. To
process 50 address takes me 109 seconds using 56K modem. Tolerable,
since I only need to apply it once to my neighborhood DB of 400
addresses.

Please, somebody, let me know how long this takes you with broadband. Thanks.

To see the program, run this in the message box

go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/NineDigitZipCodes.rev"
(DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK)

Jim