Copy Command Question

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 13 06:19:28 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I am confused about the copy command, is there any way to copy an
object onto the current card and rename it at the same time? I am
using the following code snippet to create a new rectangle with a
given name:

copy graphic "TemplateRect" to this card  -- TemplateRect is precreated
put the ID of the last graphic into myGraphicID
put "G-" & myGraphicID into myGraphicName
set the name of graphic ID myGraphicID to myGraphicName

Is there no way to do something like this the following?

copy graphic "TemplateRect" to this card with name "xxxx"

I can't seem to find the correct syntax!

Thanks a lot
Dave