Physiological data acquisition via USB

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 07:47:31 EDT 2005

OK, Timothy Miller's experiences seem fairly typical.  Monte's post hoc
parsing is a bit more promising.

What I want to do is develop an existing rev project further.  I have
folks sequentially viewing and rating images as part of a psychological
assessment of sex offenders.  (Incidentally, after years of
development, it is now working sweetly across platforms and is
generating a fair bit of interest in the field.  Couldn't have done it
without Rev! - or this list, for that matter)

What I would like to do is capture physiological data while they are
engaged in this task, to see if there is any association between, say
GSR and Heart Rate, and the ratings made/images viewed.  The problem of
post hoc parsing is making sure that data is accurately matched to the
corresponding image.  Ideally, the data would be gathered during the
slide show and parsed on the fly (or maybe in the gaps between images).

What is really frustrating is, as Elizabeth Dalton pointed out in her
post last year,  a somewhat 'new age' sounding game that costs $159 (
http://www.wilddivine.com ) does on Win and Mac what it seems
impossible to do with equipment costing 10 times as much.

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow

http://www.i-psych.co.uk