Unicode Displaying in Runtime Revolution

Marisa Kosaisaevee marisa.kosaisaevee at netgalileo.com
Tue Apr 12 06:28:56 EDT 2005

Marisa Kosaisaevee wrote:

> I have a problem in displaying the data from query, content of UTF-8
> (Thai)
>
> I'd already tried every functions and properties to display unicode
> text but the result is a mixed up characters (non-Thai). As the
> database used the Unicode (UTF-8), it's said that I need convert them
> by uniEncode or uniDecode. Since, the textFont property shouldn't be
> use with Unicode or I should put just "Unicode". However, all that
> didn't work. So, I tried on the textFont property again. In it's
> property, I put the name of Thai Font and Langauge (ie:
> "Kedmanee","Thai"). This time it showed repeated Thai characters, not
> what it should be. Finally, I checked out the mailing list for those
> who had the same problem. I found one suggestion using unicodeText
> together with uniEncode, which I tried but doesn't work, too.
>
> Later, I assumed that problems may be on the database side. So, I
> tried put the Thai's word through Script Editor and use the
> unicodeText and uniEncode to make it displayed. Still, the result is
> mixed up chararters. Then, I tried to type the Thai's word directly to
> the content of the field into Property Inspecter pane. It does show
> exaclty the word I typed!! Therefore, I tried, again, through the
> Script Editor using put command with Thai characters string. It turned
> out as those non-Thai mixed up characters again!?!?
>
> Anyway, that is not what I want. Since, I aimed to display a query
> data from database, which are Thais characters of Unicode charset;
> UTF-8, using the Script Editor.
>
> Now, I confused of what and where I had done wrong or maybe I
> misunderstood about the unicode concept in RunRev. As for the first
> time, all I did is just retrieved all the data from database without
> unicode conversion but the result was, also, non-Thai mixed up
> chararters.
>
> However, I look forward to every suggestions.
>
> Thank you in advance
> Marisa

As my previous posted problem, I do another trial on Unicode.

I tried to display content of  a file that has Thai charaters. So,  I
saved it both .txt and .rtf with Encoding property of Unicode, Unicode
big endian and UTF-8. Then, I used the command /put /to let each of them
display in a field. The result is still mixed up of Thai characters.
Again, I tried on using /uniEncode/ but the result is even worse.

Anyway, any suggestions??

Thanks,
Marisa