Euro currency formats

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Apr 12 03:25:13 EDT 2005

Hi Richard,

Here in France, in Germany, Italy and Spain, we use the euro symbol
after the amount separated by a space.
I don't know about other countries as Poland or Malta :-)
Normally, comma should be used for decimal separation and stays the
rule but Anglo American habit gain ground since computer globalization.
Space (usual) or comma (accounting) are used as thousands separators.
You could check commercial web sites...

Le 12 avr. 05, à 09:04, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Is currency formatting for all nations that use the Euro consistent,
> or are there regional variations of how we might expect a currency
> string to be formatted?

Amicalement,

Eric Chatonet.
So Smart Software