New Guide to the IDE in Process

Jerry Balzano gjbalzano at ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 11 20:22:25 EDT 2005

On Apr 11, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> The Message Box will be included. No third party products will.

Hmmmm ... not even freeware third party products?  Not even ones you
yourself use frequently?  I don't currently produce any, so I can speak
relatively disinterestedly here, but for me part of the value of the
proposed Guide is an opportunity to "look over Dan Shafer's shoulder"
as he works through (and around!) the various facets of the Rev
experience.  Are you making an "in principle" argument here?  If so,
what's the principle?

Jerry