Can't create file

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 11 14:04:46 EDT 2005

I have a client with a problem I can't figure out, and am hoping someone
here may know the answer.

A standalone creates a text file in the same folder as the application.
This works fine almost all the time on all platforms. However, very
rarely, we get an error message on Win98 "can't open that file". If the
handler is repeated immediately, the file does get created. This has
happened only twice out of hundreds of successful attempts. The machine
is not networked, so no one else could have had the file open.

The script basically just calculates a file path, then does "open file
<path> for write". That's when the error occurs.

Anyone know what would cause this failure, which corrects itself on a
second attempt? We have only seen it on Win98.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com