Dreamcard player on Windows

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Mon Apr 11 12:49:11 EDT 2005

annika wrote:

> Hi,
> I've run in to problems running Revolution stacks in the Dreamcard
> player 2.5.1 on Windows XP.
> As far as I understand, after inquiring at Runrev support,  I should
> be able to open a Revolution stack in the player by double clicking
> the stack.However after uninstalling all other Revolution applications
> from the PC and installing the player, my stack cannot be opened by
> double clicking, and if I try to set its file association to the
> player this doesn't work either.

This could be a problem with the order things happened. I think the DC
Player won't change existing associations - so if your machine
previously had a Runrev installation on it, then the .rev files would
remain associated with the RR; then when you de-installed RR, you might
finish up with no association for a .rev file.

You should be able to re-install the association from the Tools ... /
Folder Options / File Types menu on any file explorer window - or
perhaps by re-installing DC Player after removing the other RR applications.

Note you will then run into Bugzilla 2138 - cursor is invisible when
opened by double-click, no way to exit secure mode.