Can one manually resize an object proportionately?

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 22:12:20 EDT 2005

on Sun, 10 Apr 2005
Steve Goldberg wrote:

> there needs to be some way to do
> this manually, such as holding down
> the Shift key while doing the resizing (like in
> Photoshop), which I don't see
> is a feature of Revolution.   In that way, one can
> do the resizing on the fly,
> eyeballing whether or not the object is the right
> size for the card, rather
> than having to experiment with different numbers
> until the size seems right. So
> if anyone has way of doing this, I'd certainly like
> to hear about it. Thanks.

Howard Bornstein answer:

> Here's a quick and dirty way to do what you want.
> I'm sure someone can come up with a more
> elegant method.

> In your stack script put this handler
[snip]

Hi Steve and Howard,

I added a mouseup and mousedoubleup
handler to the stack script provided
by Howard, to choose the pointer tool
(pressing controlkey and mouseup over
the target object) and choose the
browse tool again to resume normal
operation (by doubleclicking over the
background).

I uploaded an stack that works if
you open it by double clicking, but does not
work if you open in the development environment,
unless you "suspend Revolution".

Use the keys combination provided by Howard
after you have the pointer tool, to resize
proportionally. I notice that it resizes from
center, not from a corner.

Download it from:
<http://geocities.com/capellan2000/resize_objects.zip>

al