more strange behavior - some scripts forgotten

Byron Turner byront at mac.com
Sun Apr 10 15:47:39 EDT 2005

Almost every object whose script I open asks to apply changes when I go
to close, whether or not there is any script in it or any changes have
been made.  Should I be worried?

Scripts that I fixed long ago, seem to be reverting back to earlier
versions.  Example I have a script where I created a global and another
object script uses that global.  When I looked just now, the first
object had no reference to that global or any of the  succeeding
script, but the second object retained it.  I opened a previous version
and found the first object's script.

I've also noted that in my longest script characters take a very long
time to show up . . as much as several seconds after I begin typing.

Obviously, I'm very concerned.  Any theories?  Any suggestions on how
to proceed?

Mac OSX
Dual 2.5 G5
6.5 Gig RAM

PowerBook
1 GHz
500 MB RAM

Same problems on both machines as far as I can tell.