New Guide to the IDE in Process

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Apr 10 15:22:46 EDT 2005

As I have been participating in this list the past couple of weeks, I
have (like everyone else) noticed another significant round of concern
about the paucity of documentation on the Rev IDE. As I am now within a
day or two of finishing my next promised eBooklet on printing in Rev,
I've decided to take the pulse of the community on the demand for a
book on the  IDE as my next eBook project.

My intent is to describe the IDE functionally, perhaps in a manner that
looks like the Peachpit Press "Visual QuickStart Guides", i.e., a huge
number of screen shots with annotated call-outs and associated notes.

So, step one. Please let me know either off-list (revdan at danshafer.com)
or here if you'd be interested in purchasing such an eBook if it were
available for immediate download at a price of, say, $15. If it seems
there's enough interest, I'll move this up on my list.

Meanwhile, there are a couple of topics proposed for inclusion in
RevCon West June 17-18 in Monterey on the IDE. If you want to: (a) save
$70 on the price of admission; (b) vote for IDE-related topics to be
included on the agenda; and (c) attend what is shaping up to be the
biggest Rev developer gathering ever, please go to the Web site in my
sig below. The $70 Early Bird Discount ends Friday, April 15.