[ANN] Stock Portfolio

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Apr 10 13:43:31 EDT 2005

>Message: 2
>Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 11:06:01 +0100
>From: Karen <Karen at curlypaws.com>
>Subject: [ANN] Stock Portfolio
>To: "use-revolution at lists.runrev.com"
>	<use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>I've finally finished my first Revolution project thanks to all the
>wonderfully helpful people on this list.  I've packaged it up and I'm
>currently wondering whether to attempt to market it as shareware :-).  It
>isn't as impressive as a lot of the stuff I've seen from other list members
>(like Jim's Pool program), but I'm quite pleased with it!
>(snip)

(Thought this a good place to snip :))

Karen,

Very impressive for a first effort--or last for that matter. I felt
so proud when I did my first: Print "Hello"

I don't do stocks. My last stock drop about 80% and the company
gouged CA (where I live) driving up  electricity rates. A double
whammy. So I can't be of any help on the utility of your program.

But, and this is the tinniest thing, if you would like to convert
numbers like I see on your web site (10442.87) to the usual comma
formatted form, i.e. 10,442.87, you may want to use the following
converter:

function commaFormat tNum
   put tNum mod 1 into remainder -- 0.87
   delete char 1 of remainder -- .87
   put trunc(tNum) into tNum --10442
   put the number of chars in tNum into n
   repeat with i = 1 to trunc((n-1)/3)
     put comma after char n - 3*i of tNum
   end repeat
   return tNum& remainder
end commaformat

There may be a built-in Run Rev version.

Jim