[ANN] Stock Portfolio

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Sun Apr 10 06:06:01 EDT 2005

I've finally finished my first Revolution project thanks to all the
wonderfully helpful people on this list.  I've packaged it up and I'm
currently wondering whether to attempt to market it as shareware :-).  It
isn't as impressive as a lot of the stuff I've seen from other list members
(like Jim's Pool program), but I'm quite pleased with it!

The program is intended to allow you to track stock prices and your own
portfolio of shares.  It runs under either Windows XP or Mac OS X.  I've
done quite a bit of testing on it, but any bug reports would be very
welcome.  It uses price data from Yahoo so there are slight delays on the
prices.  At the moment it caters for US and UK stocks, but it shouldn't be
difficult to add other markets.  You can view graphs of the price data, pull
up further details, export the historical price data and print stuff out.
You can set an automatic update frequency and set the currency through the
preferences window.

There is online help, available from the Help menu within the program.  The
text of this is all complete though I'm still adding screenshots.  There
isn't an "online store" yet as I've not decided whether to market it and
some of the other links such as Support, Copyright and Privacy don't work
yet either.

As a thank you to all on the list for your help, I've decided to throw it
open to list members for free.  If you are interested then drop me an e-mail
and I'll send you a key for it.  The program itself can be downloaded at
http://www.curlypaws.com/stockportfolio/ and should allow you to add 5
stocks and 1 portfolio item without needing a registration key.

I'd love to hear what you think of it.

Thanks,

Karen