ARE YOU SERIOUS REV TEAM? MAJOR SCRIPT EDITOR ISSUES

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Apr 9 20:30:20 EDT 2005

Peter,

> I guess the main point of reference is other script editing
> environments (both scripted and compiled) that I've had to
> deal with over the past 16 years.  Rev has really made me
> worry about the SAFETY of my code.  I'm sitting here testing,
> learning, then BOOM!  Gone.

This is usually know as the enlightment process in scripting.

>From this process are borned newer generations of scripts and
sturdier software that can widthstand crashes for eternity!

Just save often or use an auto saver (not hard to do with the
send "savestack" to the topstack in 20 seconds kind of script

But it's not always advisable to save continually... ;)

There's more than one CVS type solution also that you can build
or already available. Im writing a virtual Undo mechanism for
example... What do you want to redo in your os later is probably
what you didn't want to do and undid before. How many IDEs or
apps or OSs have that? I'll try working on it a bit more soon I
promess...

Then we are all saved! ;))

cheers
Xav