RunRev versus WinRar

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 9 01:20:53 EDT 2005

Dar Scott wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2005, at 10:33 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> The real culprit here is Microsoft, for not bothering to create a
>> registry for file types to be associated with specific applications.
>
> Yeah!  Only operating systems from Microsoft use file extensions!  They
> shoulda...
>
> Uh.  Wait.  You sure about this, Richard?

I didn't say Microsoft was alone in the use of file extensions. I merely
noted that they didn't bother to make a registry for them.

Unless the folks at FILExt and the rest are as wrong as me, last I heard
Microsoft still doesn't maintain anything like Apple's application
signature registry.

Of course, Linux doesn't either.  But it seems a bit early yet to have
high expectations of usability in the Linux community. ;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation