handler error of the simplest kind

Byron Turner byront at mac.com
Tue Apr 5 20:35:21 EDT 2005

> On Apr 5, 2005, at 8:53 AM, Byron Turner wrote:
>
>> I'm getting a handler error with this!  Any ideas?
>>
>> Worked fine for weeks in the message box, but now that its in a menu
>> . .
>>
>> on combat
>>   go stack "combat"
>> end combat
>
> Byron,
>
> What kind of error are you getting? If it's a "handler not found"
> error, it's usually because a syntax error somewhere in any handler
> prevented the entire script from compiling. Try making a trivial
> change to the script and Applying it again, then see if your handler
> call works.
>
> Also make sure that the handler is located in a script that's in the
> message path of the calling object.
>
> Devin

The error is "Handler: Error in Statement"

I should have mentioned that the hander executes just fine. As per
Richard's suggestion I tried changing the name of the handler to no
avail.

I have (what may be a similar problem) in another handler in a substack
and after puzzling over it for days, I finally just turned error
reporting off and everything seems fine.  However, when real problems
show up, that creates a problem , so I'd sure like to find out what's
going on.