Python and Rev

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Tue Apr 5 11:33:10 EDT 2005

At 11:13 AM -0400 4/4/05, Frank D. Engel, Jr. wrote:
>Rev allows AppleScript via the "do ... as AppleScript" command.
>Perhaps this could be extended to support things like
>
>do ... as Python
>do ... as Ruby
>do ... as AmericanEnglish   ;-)
>
>or whatever?

I'm holding out for "do...whatIWantNotWhatISaid". ;-) Seriously, the
"do as applescript" capability is based on Apple's Script Language
Interface, which means if someone wrote a module for Python, etc.
then those languages would automatically become available from within
Rev. (I think there's a module floating around that implements
Javascript, and one or two others besides AppleScript.)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com