QT player question

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Mon Apr 4 10:25:28 EDT 2005

Hi Chris,

> Hello all -
>
> I expect this is an easy question, but I can't seem to see how to do
> it!    How do I see if a player is playing?

Watch very hard :-)

> The playrate property always returns 1 (I want to play movies at
> normal speed)

The playrate determines the plaback speed of your movie and 0 means
that a playing
movie is currently paused ;-)

> I had thought it might return "0" if the movie was not playing.
> The movie() function only seems to work with video clips, not player
> objects.  So I can't say "if the movie is done..."
>
> I need the equivalent of a "playing()" function that would return true
> or false.

Since there is no direct way to dtermine what you want, use a little
trick:

function movie_is_playing
   put the currenttime of player xyz into ct
   wait 10 millisecs
   return (the currenttime fo player xyz < ct)
  ##will be true if the movie is inded playing, else will be false
end movie_is_playing

Here i just check 2 different "times" and see if they are identical or
not...

Hope that helps...

> A (virtual) Mars bar to the first person with the answer!!!
>
> Chris

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de