set a prop after get url a stackfile

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 3 08:43:44 EDT 2005

Hi Eric, Dan and Klaus,

ÉC> May be I did not understand correctly this thread :-)

half of it :-) i was trying this in a different context.

In your example, the it contains the path to the stack.
In my example, the it contains the downloaded file (binary) of the stack.
Imagine we have a stack stored in a custom properties, we can
get the cAstack of stack "StacksinStack" ( => it contains the binary of the stack ), then
how can we get the name or other properties ?

As you can start a stack by this command :
        get url (http://nices_stacks_from_So Smart Soft... )
        open it

, i wanted to work with the customs props .

I was thinking also to do :

        get url (http://nices_stacks_from_So Smart Soft... )
        open invisible it
        but here how do i know the name of the opened stack ????

none of my tries work for me :-(

The strangness is that Dan and Klaus seems to say that it should work ???

Voila pour le moment,

Any comment ?

Merci a tous, thierry

ÉC> For instance, try this:

ÉC>    answer file "Choose any stack:"
ÉC>    put the script of stack it -- that's for getting a property
ÉC>    set the uPropTest of stack it to "Done" -- that's for setting a
ÉC> property
ÉC>    save stack it -- as "xyz"
ÉC>    delete stack it

ÉC> You will see absolutly nothing ;-)