Problem solving methods in software development

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 18:13:52 EST 2005

Hi David,

David Vaughan wrote:

> I think it is inappropriate for Rev
> or indeed for any other language of creative
> expression. Sure, we see the same question asked
> again (and again) but that is often helpful
> to newbies.

And what happens when nobody offers an answer to
common question... for example, look at this message

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2005-March/053980.html>

No public answer, and looks like a very common
task, that anyone could have tried before.

By the way, if someone think that syncronizing
sounds with balls movements in Jim Hurley's Nine Ball
stack could be a very straightforward task to do...
sorry to dissapoint... but actually is not.

> More importantly, I see different answers touching
> on nuances of the original problem, or simply
> stylistically different ways of doing the same thing

> (and everyone has style preferences).

I completely agree :-)

> So, when is a thread to be closed?

When a functional answer is offered and accepted.

So, Did anyone remember which forums identified
the problem solving approach used to solve
the problem or respond the question...

Thanks in advance.

al

On Friday 01/04/2005, at 19:05,
Alejandro Tejada wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> Long time ago, surfing the net i found a forum,
> where the administrator supervised the threads
> and when a question was responded correctly or a
> problem was solved, he (or she) closed the
> message thread and added a message after the
> thread that identified the problem solving
> approach used to solve the problem or
> respond the question...
>
> Did anyone remember which forums use this
> approach?

Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/