shell() not waiting - not hiding

Kenji Kojima / 小島健治 index at kenjikojima.com
Sat Apr 2 13:04:35 EST 2005

On Apr 2, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Derek Bump wrote:

> In the documentation the shell() function explains that if you use the
> "get shell()" or "put shell()" methods that it will wait for a result
> code back from the program before continuing.
>
> Right now I'm working with the InnoSetup console compiler, and though
> it works great, my script is not waiting.  In the end, I've been
> putting in a "wait for 10 seconds" line in my script.
>
> Also, even if I set showConsoleWindows to false, they still show.  I
> tried locking the screen.  Setting the shellCommand first.  Nothing
> seems to be working, yet I use the showConsoleWindows property in many
> of my scripts and they are all working fine.

I have same problem. Not always, then I cannot specify when I have.
I remembered that I made a standalone and run the program. I had this
problem. I had to quit.
Second time when the standalone program run, I did not have the problem.
But the copy of the standalone had the problem.
I made another standalone. The new one did not have.

I had the problem another time, but did not remember clearly.

Revolution 2.5.1 and Windows XP Home Edition.
Shell script was
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/metacard/tips/file009.htm

--
Kenji Kojima