Python and Rev

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Sat Apr 2 08:25:28 EST 2005

Thomas McCarthy wrote:

>Note I didn't say Python "versus" Rev. I'm not about to abandon the enviroment that makes my life so easy if not darn pleasant ;-)
>
>I'm interested if Python and Rev can work together. Python seems good at  some of the lower level stuff that Rev can't touch (like COM).
>
>Does anyone have experience with Python in general and connecting it to Rev in particular?

Yes to both.
In fact, in the next day or so, I'm going to send in the second half of
my "How to use IP multicast in Rev" description, which describes my
Python-based solution .....

I've done two or three such projects - Python for either low-level
access, or because it has much better access to existing libraries, and
then using sockets to interface to Rev. None of them (except the
multicast case above) is in a fit state to show anyone else, but that
was because of changes in plans or interest rather than any issues using
Python and Rev together.