The Campain Trail

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Apr 1 16:05:21 EST 2005

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Most of the stuff you'll need to define a skinning mechanism for your
> app can be done in Rev.  If you find elements that have you scratching
> your head post 'em here and we'll see what we can come up with.

Yep, I agree. I've created a bunch of tools to help be 'skin' Rev apps.
One is 'Interface Designer.' There's a picture of it along with some of
the apps it's skinned at:

www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/AltuitLabs.htm

I also creaated a 100% skinnable and resizable browser called "LEO"
www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/LEOif_big.jpg
and
www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRevCaseStudies/abrowser_big_big.jpg

I use ButtonGadget (www.buttongadget.com) to create all my buttons (also
build in Rev).

It's really easy to 'skin' a radio, checkbox, or rectangle button.
Fields are a bit harder as to my knowledge, there's no way to 'colorize'
the scrollbars.

-Chipp