set a prop after get url a stackfile

thierry douez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 1 11:49:36 EST 2005

Hi Klaus, Dan and all,

thanks for your help.... as usual :-)
but can't make it work :-(

KM> Simply do this AFTER it has been downloaded:
KM> get url "http://....aStackFile"
KM> put the short name of stack it into myTargetstack
KM> save stack myTargetstack as "xyz"

in fact, i did try in local, so:

  put  url ( "binfile:" & theFullpath ) into aAnonymousStack

  then "open" or "go" "aAnonymousStack" starts the stack,
  but i got an error trying to get the name,
  or set a prop to the *aAnonymousStack*

Where is the obvious ? what's wrong ?

DS> This is a bit confusing to me, but perhaps only to me.

Humm, i can understand your confusion, so do I :-)

i was just playing with this  to see how far one can go
with this... So, let's take it as an exercise to increase my
little understanding .... lateral thinking....  :-)
just looking what we can do if we receive a "Stream stack", by
a socket, or a compress stack saved in a Database or a stack
in a custom property, or whatever...
would like to ignore the name , but may be it's not possible.

Does this make sense ?