Problem solving methods in software development

David Vaughan dvk at dvkconsult.com.au
Fri Apr 1 04:08:30 EST 2005

On 01/04/2005, at 19:05, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>
wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> Long time ago, surfing the net i found a forum,
> where the administrator supervised the threads
> and when a question was responded correctly or a
> problem was solved, he (or she) closed the
> message thread and added a message after the
> thread that identified the problem solving
> approach used to solve the problem or
> respond the question...
>
> Did anyone remember which forums use this
> approach?

No, but while I can see its attraction I think it inappropriate for Rev
or indeed for any other language of creative expression. Sure, we see
the same question asked again (and again) but that is often helpful to
newbies. More importantly, I see different answers touching on nuances
of the original problem, or simply stylistically different ways of
doing the same thing (and everyone has style preferences). So, when is
a thread to be closed?

regards
David