Accessing parts of arrays

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 16:41:33 EDT 2004

On Thursday, September 30, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Jan Schenkel wrote:

> If my memory serves me well, Geoff Canyon started a
> thread on the xTalk mailing list a while ago that
> proposed functions itemOffsets, wordOffsets and
> lineOffsets which would return all the occurences'
> locations.
>
> So if we could have an elementOffsets() function, this
> would be the best solution for the above request, I
> think.
>
> Jan Schenkel.

I have been talking to people at the mothership about this.

First off my software that I created with Rev is starting to sell. This
gives me the money to pay for the externals suggested below by Mark.
The reason that I bring it up here on the list in the open is that the
external will speed up my XML based database and if it where later to
be added to the engine then it would speed up my software that I'm
selling now.  This sounds like it might be a great tool for array power
if you are willing to use a parser for the manipulations.

Before I proceed does this suggestion sound good for this array thread?
(see below) Pull-parsing an XML structure at high speed could give us
all kinds of array manipulations if you where to use numbered tag sets
like <1>[data]</1>, <2>[more data here]</2>,  <3>[even more
data]</3>etc...  and <1,1>  <1,2> and <1,3,1> for  dimensional arrays.

Mark Brownell

On Wednesday, September 29, 2004, at 09:50 AM, Mark Waddingham wrote:

> Hi Mark,

[snip]