"About" menu item

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Wed Sep 29 14:51:27 EDT 2004

At 11:56 AM +0200 9/27/2004, Carlo Ricchiardi wrote:
>how do I attach an action to the "about..." menu item in the main
>menu bar of a standalone?
>(MacOSX 10.3.5, Rev 2.5, no menu bar defined in the rev stack)

You need to define a menu bar first. In the Help menu, the last two
items should be a separator line and your "About" menu item. (It's
done this way for cross-platform compatibility. On Windows and Unix,
the About item is in the Help menu; on Mac OS and OS X, it's
automatically moved to the proper place in the Apple menu or
application menu.)

The menuPick handler for your Help menu will then respond to choosing
the About menu item, no matter where it's displayed on the current
platform.

>How do I access the rev bug database?

It's at <http://support.runrev.com/bugdatabase/>. To enter comments
or new bugs, you need to sign up for an account.
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com