MenuHistory

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 27 14:59:11 EDT 2004

--- Jim Carwardine
<JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com> wrote:
> I have a tabbed button that I¹m using to navigate to
> certain cards.  I can¹t
> seem to get the tabs to behave in that I have to
> click another tab then
> click the tab I want to get the tab I want to
> respond.  I thought the
> menuHistory took care of that automatically.  I can
> get the menuHistory of
> the button and identify the clicked tab, but the
> button doesn¹t seem to know
> what tab was last clicked.  What am I missing?  Jim
> --

Hi Jim,

At the risk of rehashing the basics : when the user
clicks on a tab, your button will get a 'menuPick <new
item name>,<old item name>' message.
If you want to get the number of the current selected
tab, you can use the 'menuHistory' property, and if
you want to trigger a change from within a script, you
can also set this menuHistory property of that control
and it will happily call your menuPick handler.
Which part doesn't work properly, or what are you
having troubles with ?

Jan Schenkel.

=====