Rev 2.5 Hang at Launch on OS X Bugzilla'd

Bruce Lewis lewisbruce at rogers.com
Sat Sep 25 06:47:37 EDT 2004

The same thing happens to me once or twice a day.

At first I thought it was a plugin stack I created to open at startup, but
most of the time removing that stack did not make any difference. I too
have been keeping a copy of the disk image along with my registration
number and simply reinstall frequently.

I will try the revpreferences technique next time this happens.

Macintosh OS 10.3.4

Strangely, this has not happened on my powerbook where I have (I think) an
identical Revolution installation. Differences are that the desktop machine
is a dual G5 and the PowerBook is a G4 and, perhaps the PowerBook has an
earlier version of OS X.

It may happen sometimes after I have another strange problem. A stack with
destroyStack set to true is closed. Some time later it is reopened by a
script. A dialogue comes up saying a stack with the same name is open and
asking me if I want to purge, etc. No matter what btn I press it goes into
a continuous cycle. Sometimes the cycle stops with cmd-. I quit and when I
reopen Revolution I believe it hangs. However, that clearly is not the only
time it hangs on starting.

When it hangs I don't have to force quit, since it quits on cmd-q.

Bruce

--
Bruce Lewis
Lewis & Collyer