Styled text pasting

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Fri Sep 24 03:39:04 EDT 2004

I'm trying to paste styled text that could be copied from a word
processor or some other app over into a stack. How do I do that?

I'm familiar with the htmlText trick, but assuming that I can only
get access to the styled text from eg. AppleWorks - is there a way to
directly paste the text into an editing field?

I am using it to generate html code in the final output, but my
source is going to be styled text from other apps and I do not have
the luxury of being able to first have it converted to html before
being pasted into the editing field.

Jesse Sng