[OT] Wireless remote events?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 23 20:01:19 EDT 2004

I picked up a Kensington Wireless Presentation Remote today in hopes of
using it when presenting at Rev seminars like <http://techietours.com>.

But while Kensington normally makes pretty good stuff, the manual only
says "Works with most presentation software like PowerPoint and
Keynote", and it doesn't say what events it's sending.  Since I make my
own presentations in Rev I need to know what events it uses so I can
write handlers for them.

Here's the weird part:

I made a fresh stack and put in rawKeyDown, rawKeyUp, appleEvent,
arrowKey, functionKey, keyDown and keyUp handlers -- none of them get
triggered when I try using the wireless device.

Any of you familiar enough with presentation tools to know what sorts of
events I should be looking for?

I have a call into Kensington and their Indian suppport center says
they'll have a programmer get back to me, but who knows how long that'll
take.  If any of you know how these things works it'd be much appreciated.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation