No subject

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Sep 23 16:35:12 EDT 2004

Bon soir Yves,

> Hi Ken,
> This was from a tip on my site:
>
> on extract_ID3v1 someData, @songTitle, @artist, @album, @aYear,
> @comments,
>  @genre
>   put char -128 to -1 of someData into last_128Bytes
>   if char 1 to 3 of last_128Bytes is "TAG" then
>     get binaryDecode("a3a30a30a30a4a30c", last_128Bytes, tabBit,
> songTitle,
> artist, album, aYear, comments, genre)
>     return true
>   else
>     return false
>   end if
> end extract_ID3v1
> I don't understand how your script runs :
>
> I have a script ::
> on mouseUp
>   answer file "Choose your mp3 file"
>   if it is empty then exit to top
>   put url("binfile:"&it) into tData
>   extract_ID3v1 tData,songTitle,artist,album,aYear,comments,genre
     if the result = true then
      ## successfully extracted the info...
      put songTitle into fld "songtitle"
      ### etc...
    else
      ## NO success! No Tags or whatever...
     answer "No MP3 Tags available! Please insert a new coin!"
    end if
> end mouseUp
>

> but I get nothing ...
>
> can you help me ??

The handler "extract..." will only fill the variables "songTitle"
etc... with
the appropriate values if run succesfully!

You have to take care of the display of that info ;-)

See above...

> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE
> yvescoppe at skynet.be