revUnloadSpeech rev2.5

PaulBuzzy at aol.com PaulBuzzy at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 19:00:15 EDT 2004

I think there is a bug, but I have not gone to bugzilla again (I did report a
previous bug).

First of all, at least with my tests, if you do not call revUnloadSpeech then
a standalone will not quit properly and remains in the task list under
Windows (XP at least).

Here's the fix. If you launch RunRev by double-clicking on your stack and not
the RunREv App icon, then for some reason, revUnloadSpeech is not recognized.
However, if you first launch RunRev and then open your stack from within
RunRev, reUnloadSpeech is recognized.

Speaking of odd behaviour. This happens in one of my apps. If you copy some
text to the clipboard from a field and then delete the field, the clipboard
loses the text. I use this workaround:

put the selectedChunk into tempSelect
set the clipboardData["html"] to the htmlText of the selection
select tempSelect

Hope this helps. Paul