[OT] PAD files, MacPAD, and you

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 22 17:00:28 EDT 2004

Andre Garzia wrote:
> richard, there's an PAD editor compatible with the "windows" PAD files
> for the Macintosh, it's built in filemaker and its available on the net
> from http://www.chickengirl.com/padmaker.php   it's called PADMaker and
> it works.  MacPAD is just a plist with couple tricks, and the objc libs
> for autoUpdate.

I've used PADMaker before, but the last version I tried created files
that failed the PAD validation at some upload sites.

Once we see the PAD standard expanded for the needs of multi-platform
developers like us Rev folks, maybe the next step would be for a nifty
Rev-based replacement for PADMaker.  Should be simple and kinda fun for
anyone with a couple hours on their hands.

> I would endorse normal PAD files.

Hopefully we'll see some posts from Mr. Batista soon so we can all enjoy
a single standard.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation