Sidescroller games?

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Sep 22 16:54:56 EDT 2004

On Sep 22, 2004, at 5:50 PM, Judy Perry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just had a student tell me that he wanted to use Java or something
> other
> than Rev for his game project because he wanted to do a side-scroller
> game.
>
> I think I recall somebody posting a link to a simple example???

Judy,

I think that you can make a simple sidescroller in Rev if you do not
animate to much sprites... but I would take my chance any day
programming sidescrollers for gameboys in C where at least I know how
to blit images and stuff then in Rev where I don't really know how to
use graphics. Scott Rossi (not everyone can be Scott Rossi =) ) got
some nice graphics examples that you might want to show your student
before he tries to use java, which by the eay is the offspring of the
devil. Download the Tactile Media pannel from tactilemedia web page and
try some examples. Look for the easy in and out examples and the
explosion example... they show it's possible.

cheers
andre

> Any additional information or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Judy

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org