strange detective behaviour in 2.5

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Wed Sep 22 15:30:53 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I am trying to build a simple stack with 2.5... it's my iBlog program,
it has one substack called "shortcuts". When I try to build the thing,
Rev shouts that PupCMS also has a "shortcuts" stack and that this is
bad. The cool thing is that I never opened PupCMS which is my own
content management system with 2.5, it's not on the memory!!!! I just
installed 2.5, the last time pupcms was touched is three weeks ago, and
no, 2.2 and 2.5 resides in different places. My source code folder is
~180 megs huge, if 2.5 probing for duplicates on the stacks and
substacks there, then it must be doing this very fast :D....

Is anyone here experiencing this kind of behaviour of Rev remembering
it's past life? like Rev engine complaing about some stack that was
never used with this release and so on... I wonder if it will remember
till 1.1 release, I have them all here somewhere... it's almost like
the premonitional external, but backside. Jokes apart, how is
Revolution thinking about a substack of a stack that was never used and
is not opened with the current release? any clue? might it be a stray
file in my preferences folder pointing to the wrong thing?

cheers
andre
--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL