Revolution 2.5 Updater

Mark Chia mark at runrev.com
Tue Sep 21 11:56:53 EDT 2004

Hi,

We now have in place an updater (beta) for Revolution 2.5. To use this,
go to the menubar and select "Check for Updates". A stack should then
open informing you that updates are available for 2 files:

1. Library (revlibrary) - fixes the revGoURL issue with "mailto"
2. Standalone Builder (revstandalonesettings) - fixes issues on OS X
with externals

This will download, backup and place the new files in the appropriate
directory. The old files will be named with a ".org" extension.

There have been cases where sometimes the updater will mention that an
error has occured in the stack (we are trying to track this down). If
this occurs restart Revolution and check for updates again. Once this
process has completed and you are informed that you have the latest
version along with all updates, there should be a revlibrary.rev.org and
revstandalonesettings.rev.org files in the "components/global
environment" and "component/tools" directories.

Please ensure that you make relevant backups before trying this updater.

Thanks.

Mark