'Blessed' plugins

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 21 01:05:18 EDT 2004

Geoff Canyon wrote:

> Did "toplevel" exist before MetaCard? Does it exist outside of Revolution?
>
> In any case, what's wrong with the cantModify property, which would seem
> to be tailor-made for this?
>
> Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like your original
> proposal of a custom property for this. CantModify has a more general
> purpose and would be (somewhat) overloaded serving in this capacity, I
> think.

cantModify could work too, as it has in other xTalks for years.

I was merely working on the principle of "Best is the enemy of good", or
as an old manager used to say, "Best is the enemy of results." :)

The window mode has been the answer for object-creation tools in the
engine since long before I started working with it.  I'm sure there's
any number of solutions, but to get it done and move on I'd just as soon
start with what was and spend my wetware clock cycles on something more
ambitious.  Maybe I'm just lazy.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation