Urgent: QT quality too low

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Sep 20 16:59:48 EDT 2004

On Sep 20, 2004, at 1:38 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I have a movie sized 1024 x 736 which is in a player, and while it
> looks reasonably sharp in Apple's QT Player it is noticeably fuzzier
> in the Rev player.
>
> I've double-checked the size of the movie and turned off the border,
> still fuzzier.
>
> As far as I can discern, I see two potential causes:
>
> 1. The sizes as set by Rev are wrong.  I can tweak pixel by pixel
>    and see if that solves it.
>
> 2. The movies were made with QT's "High Quality" enabled.  Does
>    Rev's player not honor that?  I don't know how to get past
>    that if that's the case.
>
> Anyone here found QT's not as sharp in Rev as in the QT Player?
> How did you get around it?
>
> The project is due today, and this is the last issue remaining.
> Hopefully we can find a solution, or the whole thing gets remade in
> Director tommorrow....

To confirm if it is the high quality setting then do the following with
QT Player Pro:

1) When the video is opened in QT player select Movie->Get Movie
Properties.
2) Select 'Video Track' from the menu in the top left.
3) Select 'Quality' from the menu in the top right.
4) If High Quality is checked then uncheck it.
5) Play the video - does it now look the same as it does in Rev?

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com