Getting a remote file in OS X

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Mon Sep 20 10:33:55 EDT 2004

I had a similar issue where my Revolution app would FTP data up to a server successfully from my home machine, via cable-modem, and then I'd go into the office, and the FTP uploads would only work maybe 50% of the time.

What was happening was the corporate firewall was somehow slowing down the FTP authentification process so that it was taking too long to authenticate and the socket would time-out.  I was able to fix this problem by setting the sockettimout for FTP transfers to a larger value.  Now my FTP transfers work 100% of the time within the corporate firewall.

I don't know if this will help you with your issue, but it worked for me.

- Rob