angle and rotate

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Sun Sep 19 06:22:50 EDT 2004

On Sep 18, 2004, at 11:16 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> From: Mark Talluto <userev at canelasoftware.com>
> Subject: Re: angle and rotate
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

> On Sep 18, 2004, at 12:21 PM, jbv wrote:
>

>> Mark,
>>

>>> Try setting the resizeQuality of img "imagename" to best
>>>
>>> I am not sure if this will help, but it might.
>>>

>> I tried to put the resizeQuality of my img to excellent and perfect,
>> but it didn't change anything...
>> Is this property documented anywhere ?
>>

> For some reason it is not documented.  I think the best setting is
> "best".  I am not sure if it supports "excellent" or "perfect".  You
> must make this setting in your script before you make the actual
> adjustment to the size.  I hope it has a positive affect on the rotate.

It may be that resizeQuality has no impact on what you're trying to do,
but if it does, you'll need to make sure you've got the right syntax.
It took me a long time to figure out because it's not documented
anywhere, and even the cryptic references to it in the archives never
actually use the command.

First thing you need to know is that resizeQuality is image specific,
as opposed to other image qualities such as jpegQuality and
paintCompression (which are global).  Second thing, you need to set it
before you do anything with the image.  Here's what I do, before I use
the image:

     put the short name of this stack into stackName
     set the resizeQuality of image "Current Image" of stack stackName
to "best"

Hope this helps.

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/