auto update stacks/applications

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Fri Sep 17 17:44:24 EDT 2004

Since it is more important for auto-update to have connectivity to your
server than to any other, I would likely just start checking for
available updates and silently "give up" if there is an error (or give
up with an error message if the update was triggered manually, assuming
you intend to offer that feature).

Maybe have a checkbox in a preferences window somewhere as to whether
or not automatic updates should be attempted, then prompt if there is
an update to ask the user if it should be installed or not.

Signup at www.doteasy.com