DATABASE FUNCTIONS

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 17 17:05:11 EDT 2004

On Sep 17, 2004, at 12:18 PM, Stephen Quinn Barncard wrote:

> Gee, was it something I said? Was I gone too long?
> Doesn't anyone here work with the dynamic (sql) stuff in rev?

Stephen,

I use the revdb and Valentina XCMD directly in Revolution quite a bit
but I am not very familiar with the Database controls available through
the Query Builder.  I prefer bypassing the Query Builder and using my
own library so that I have more control over how/when data is being
updated.

If you are you want to bypass the Query Builder I have a library which
handles connections to multiple databases, puts data returned from a
sql statement into an array, updates the db from arrays, etc.  It
drastically reduces the amount of code you have to write.  I plan on
doing a tutorial and examples eventually but I haven't had time yet and
if you are interested in going this route it would give me a good
excuse to get started :-)

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia