'Blessed' plugins

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Sep 17 16:58:46 EDT 2004

There is, presently no way I can figure to make a plugin immune from Rev's
drap and drop of controls. For plugins that need to be modifiable this is a
problem, especially for palette or modeless stacks... User accidentally creates
a control on your plugin and cannot easily remove it (and if a newbie to Rev
would probably be very confused if not lost).

At the moment, the revTools palette locks messages (so no trapping events)
and only tests if visible and modifiable (unreliable). My suggestion is a
'blessed' property of some nature that the plugin author and revTools both
implement as a common identifier.

Comments? Suggestions?

/H

Hugh  Senior