DATABASE FUNCTIONS

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri Sep 17 11:08:21 EDT 2004

I concur. The database linked controls are not finished yet. The are
excellent for moving through and displaying records. You cannot insert a new
record with them and they sometimes don't update some fields for difficult
to figure out reasons. The direct "primitive" controls work great and you
must use them for inserting new records.

Bill

On 9/17/04 3:21 AM, "Pierre Sahores" <psahores at easynet.fr> wrote:

> Le 17 sept. 04, à 05:18, Stephen Quinn Barncard a écrit :
>
>> So I didn't get a response. I guess my post was too long and rambling.
>>
>> I'll boil it down to this:
>>
>> Does Rev's Database Builder have some issues? I seem to run up against
>> some limitations such as integer variables being displayed in a field
>> with unwanted leading zeroes (which caused problems when written back
>> to MySQL) and the fields not being refreshed after being changed.
>>
>>  Do the database primitives work better than to use the builders?
>
> Yes ! All the ones i use under the Mac OS X platform are OK. Under the
> linux platform, i didn't have time to test as long i'm still using
> direct shell() pipe calls to psql (Postgres).
>>
>> I mean, is the only way I'm going to really get control of the data
>> and change it going in and out is to do it directly? And does that
>> mean that the 'binding' would have to be done with put statements from
>> variables?
>>
>> Finally, does someone have a good example of recent stacks that
>> demonstrate how the primitives are used?
>
> See if this (PostgreSQL dedicated) example app can help
> <http://acacia93.dyndns.org/rev_web_app.zip>
>
> Best, Pierre
>>
>> thanks.

            |    |    |