DATABASE FUNCTIONS

Stephen Quinn Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Thu Sep 16 23:18:49 EDT 2004

So I didn't get a response. I guess my post was too long and rambling.

I'll boil it down to this:

Does Rev's Database Builder have some issues? I seem to run up
against some limitations such as integer variables being displayed in
a field with unwanted leading zeroes (which caused problems when
written back to MySQL) and the fields not being refreshed after being
changed.

  Do the database primitives work better than to use the builders?

I mean, is the only way I'm going to really get control of the data
and change it going in and out is to do it directly? And does that
mean that the 'binding' would have to be done with put statements
from variables?

Finally, does someone have a good example of recent stacks that
demonstrate how the primitives are used?

thanks.