Flash/QuickTime interaction with Revolution

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Sep 16 16:49:20 EDT 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 4:29 PM, jbv wrote:

> Have you ever tried to code collision detection or gravity in Lingo 3D
> ?

Using the Havok xtra? Piece of cake. Extremely high quality and fast,
too.

Not to mention high-rez texture maps, though to be honest I usually
"bake" the more advanced texture maps in Maya or Cinema4D before
exporting my scenes. It allows minimal demand on the graphics
processor, while providing a more sophisticated look.

> Actually the major point I want to make is that you must use Lingo
> to animate your 3D cast members, add interactivity to them, etc.
> So why add another software layer ? Why not code straight in C
> with openGL librairies ?

Yes, why not?

But then, what do we need Revolution or Director for either? Why not do
everything in C? The answer is the same. Productivity and Integration
with the rest of my application.

What is the point of this? If Revolution even had this nonexistent
connection to openGL, the user would need to interact with it through
Transcript. How would that be different from Lingo? This argument has
no grounding. I'd say IT is what needs collision detection and gravity.
Not to mention a dose of reality as opposed to hearsay.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.