My copy of Rev just crashed and won't launch anymore...

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Wed Sep 15 09:57:36 EDT 2004

Re-install Revolution. Set up all preferences the way you want.
Quit revolution. Safe the file <your revolution
folder>/components/save/revpreferences.rev to a different
folder. It would be safest if you stuff or zip it to make sure
that you don't accidentally open it.

Whenever Rev gets no further than "loading plugins, menus..."
remove the file <your revolution
folder>/components/save/revpreferences.rev and replace it by
your backup copy.

So far, this always worked for me, if the splash window appeared
to freeze at "loading plugins, menus...".

Mac users may use AppleScript to automate this.

Mark

--

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info