clearing table fields ?

Wilhelm Sanke sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de
Mon Sep 13 17:51:28 EDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13,  jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr wrote:

> Wilhelm ,
>
>  Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't work...
>  actually it clears all cells, but when I click on a cell
>  to edit its content, I always retrieve the same old
>  content...

This does not happen here, on Windows XP, when I click on a cell to edit
its content the former content has indeed ben cleared by the button
script I suggested.
Maybe the problem is platform-specific?

> only the text that I type when editing a
>  cell does actually change the content of that cell;
>  but when I try to change the text of a table field
>  via script (put line 1 of fld 1 into fld 2), the new
>  text appears in fld 2, but disappears when editing
>  the cell...
>
>  JB

Anyway, if the suggested button script clears what is visible in the
cells, is it at least one step towards what you expect. What about
adding "revdeletecellfields" to the script (didn't try it)?

Tables are one of the weak points in Revolution and the scripts of btn
"revtable" - as a frontscript - also cause a lot of troubles in
applications that are totally unrelated to table aspects. I have
complained about this several times - see Bugzilla #2019.

In my post to the improve-list "Re: bug count" of Aug 24 I came to the -
somewhat emotionally framed - conclusion that

"The revTable script - seen in this perspective - is simply a buggy
script (as a front script), somehow an example of sloppy programming."

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke
<http://www.sanke.org>